Ryumondo S. A. continues a 400-year-long tradition of lacquer production in the Kiso district of Nagano Prefecture.
The corporation "Ryumondo” was founded in the village of Narakawa in the Meiji period (in 1907). For more than 100 years, it has been manufacturing according to traditionally traditional technology; the tradition is maintained and further developed. In this way, Japan has contributed to a tradition of art that it can be proud of.
In recent years, sales have not only been extended to the whole country but also overseas sales have begun.
In 1988, a new showroom was completed along national road 19, where 30,000 lacquered goods are on display. The furnishings are made of white wood and the interior is spacious and bright. There is a room in which the interior design of the next generation of products and an art exhibition. There is also a salesroom.
Our company is now approaching a new century of lacquerware culture.